CHAMBER FRIDAY FLASH – October 11, 2013
Forest Grove/Cornelius Chamber of Commerce – Weekly News & updates
For and from our chamber members
P: 503.357.3006 F: 503.357.2367
- Monday Luncheon: Our next Monday Luncheon is scheduled for October 21, 2013 at 12:00 at the City Auditorium and the cost is $10.00/members and $12.00/guests. Carpet M.D. will be the luncheon sponsor, 1910 Main will be the Caterer and Rob Drake, Karen Hill and Karen Shawcross from the City of Cornelius will be the featured speakers talking about the upcoming Library Bond for Cornelius. Please RSVP to the Chamber by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 503-357-3006 as soon as possible.
Community Events and Announcements: Always lots going on ….we will provide basic info and a link and/or phone number for more details. If you need additional information, feel free to contact us. In addition, the events calendar on our website is a great source for ongoing and future activities.
For those of you hosting special events and activities the next several weeks, be sure to forward that information to us so that we can share it here as well as post it on our website calendar of events.
- 1910 Main- An American Bistro-
This Friday-October 11th 6-9 pm in the Tasting Room “Tiffany Carlson”
Tuesdays – Shop Local Tuesday – 2 for $20 steak and FF
Wednesday – Island Wednesdays’ – Hawaiian Music, Hawaiian Plate Lunch $13
- The Framer’s Touch is sponsoring an Open Studios Tour with Mandy Allen on October 19 & 20, 11:00 am- 5:00 pm. Mandy’s specialty is anodized aluminum, a process which allows her to dye the metal into whatever vibrant colors she desires. The result is colorful, lightweight, and uniquely fun jewelry pieces.
- Leaves are turning, school is back in session and soon the salmon will be running. Autumn is a beautiful time in Tillamook State Forest. Upcoming events:
Legacy of a Legend: High Hayes Art Display October 5-November 30-All Day
NEW! Tillamook Tales- October 12 and November 9 at 11:30am
Fall Forest Festival- October 26 & 27- All day
Salmon Release Walk- November 16 & 17 estimated dates- 1:00pm
Holiday Wreath Making- November 29, 30 & December 1 at 11:30
- The Forest Grove Leader is celebrating its’ 1 year Anniversary! Everyone is invited to an Open House at their offices at 2030 Main Street on Wed., October 16 from 5:00PM-7:00 PM. Please RSVP to Cheryl Venneri at email@example.com
- 1910 Main in conjunction with the Chamber will be hosting an After-hours Networking event on Thursday the 17th of October from 5-7:00 pm in the Tasting Room. Come and check out what they have to offer.
- Pacific Oak Dental is having an Open House on Thursday October 24, 2013 from 5:30-8:30 pm. The building contractor will be there to answer questions. Please RSVP to 503-3579122.
- SMALL GIFT ITEMS NEEDED FOR STUDENT EXCHANGE:
Forest Grove Sister Cities Committee is in need of small logo-type items from local businesses for the Nyuzen student guests’ gift bags, such as pens, pencils, message pads, calendars, t-shirts, mugs, water bottles, stickers, shopping bags, binders, mouse pads, candy, nuts, etc. Items may be dropped off at City Hall, 1924 Council Street, Second Floor, (9am-5pm), or by calling Anna Ruggles, City Recorder, 503.992.3235 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org for pickup.
- Dairy Creek Community Food Beb and the Forest Grove Grange present Blue Gold:
World Water Wars. Thursday October 17, 2013- 7:30 pm. Forest Grove Grange, 1917 “B” Street. www.dairycreekcommunityfoodweb.org
- B Street Self Storage is helping to collect food for Families in the Wash. Co. area by putting a Barrel from the Oregon Food Bank in our office now thru Christmas of this Year. Barrel is already set up, all canned food/non-perishable food is gladly accepted. For more information call 503-359-9232.
- The Human Bean, 8th Annual Coffee for a Cure, Friday, October 18th. It is simple. Purchase your favorite beverage or pastry and we will donate the proceeds to Tuality Healthcare Foundation to benefit education, outreach and treatment for patients with breast cancer. Since 2006, we have had the privilege of donating over $439,000.
- Meals on Wheels needs Volunteers, For a current list of volunteer opportunities, visit mealsonwheelspeople.org or call our Volunteer Hotline at 503-953-8111 or to Forest Grove at 530-359-4818
- The Forest Grove Senior & Community Center presents the 9th Annual Mayor’ s Dinner & Benefit Auction “ A Celebration of Community”, Saturday October 19. Ticket Information-503-357-2021. Tickets are also available at the Chamber Office.
- “Forest Grove High School would love your involvement and support with its Homecoming Festivities! The parade (starting at the District Office and ending at Forest Grove High School) will be on Friday, October 18th from 3:30-5pm. Please encourage your employees and patrons to attend, volunteer, or even consider joining in the parade. Then, attend the Homecoming Game at 7pm that evening. Contact the Forest Grove High School Activities Director (Laura Lewis: email@example.com) for more information regarding these, or any other FGHS events.”
- The Family Resource Center is selling tickets for the 2103-2014 Portland Trailblazers vs. Philadelphia 76ers, The game will be on Saturday January 4 @7:00 pm. The Family Resource Center will receive $5 for every $20 ticket sold, $10 for every $59 ticket sold and $15 for every $117 ticket sold. Tickets can be purchased from us by filling out the form that is attached. For more information contact us 503-359-2598. The attachment at the top of the page will have the ticket forms. Completed forms can be dropped off 3201 19th Ave. Suite B. Thank you.
NEED a ROOM TO HOLD a MEETING- REMEMBER your membership with the Chamber allows you to use our board room for meetings on a scheduled basis. Stop by and check it out, also our copy machine is available for only 6 cents a copy!
LOOKING AHEAD: FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO LIKE TO PLAN AHEAD!
- Jennings McCall Center 14th Annual Seasonal Sampler & Holiday Bazaar, Saturday, November 2, 2013 9am- 3 pm. For more information, call 503-357-4133
- 79th Verboort Sausage & Kraut Dinner, Saturday, November 2, 2013, Verboort, Oregon. Dinner prices Adult-$15.00, Senior age 62+-$14.00 and Children 12 and under-$7.00. For more information, check our website at www.verboort.org/dinner or call 503-357-6990
- Second Annual Fill Your Pantry Market, Sunday, November 3, 2:00-6:00 pm. Forest Grove Grange Hall, 1917 “B” Street.
- Forest Grove United Church of Christ 5th Annual “Caring of Our Community” Auction is coming up! Saturday November 16 from 5-9 pm.
The Forest Grove Chamber Of Commerce is an organization for business and professional people who work together to stimulate a prosperous business environment for a more vibrant community.